What’s new in the Botley & North Hinksey area?
Organisation of the month
The Organisation of the Month for September is Oxford Rugby Club::
Mace’s proposals for West Way and the planning application
Mace has now gained approval for their planning application (documents still available on the Vale’s website). Work on the site is expected to start in January 2017 with the demolition of buildings alongside the A34 and temporary relocation of the library, community hall and Baptist Church in empty units within the shopping precinct.
Neighbourhood Plan - public feedback event on draft policies on Sat 9 July
A second public feedback event on the Neighbourhood Plan took place in Seacourt Hall on Saturday 9 July where the draft policies on Transport, Housing, Commercial Developments, Infrastructure, Green Spaces were presented and feedback obtained from parishioners. For information on the North Hinksey Neighbourhood Plan, FAQs, the vision, details of working groups and how you can get involved, visit the website. A summary of feedback from this event will appear on that website shortly.
Free Wifi in West Way shopping centre
Wifi provided by the Vale of White Horse District Council is now up and running in the West Way Shopping Centre. It can also be accessed in Seacourt Hall, which is very useful if you are booking or attending a meeting or event.
Coming up soon (important dates for your diary):
See our Events Calendar for more details of local events
- Sat 17 September from 10am to 4pm in SS Peter & Paul Church, Botley – the Botley Food Fayre
- Community rallying together to save under threat children’s services in West Oxford - Oxford Mail Wed 3 Aug
- Rare and expensive mountain bikes stolen from Botley shed - Oxford Mail Tue 2 Aug
- Plans for new microbrewery with a difference in Botley - Oxford Times Thur 21 July
- School extension given the green light - Oxford Mail Wed 13 July
- Botley cyclist takes on 100 mile cycle challenge to battle cancer - Oxford Mail Fri 15 July
More on our News Page