What’s new in the Botley & North Hinksey area?
Coming up soon (important dates for your diary):
- Sun 11 Nov 10.45am, Remembrance Day Service at Botley Cemetery
See our Events Calendar for more details of local events
West Way redevelopment update:
Mace have produced a further newsletter in September which you can find on their consultation website. The newsletter outlines the work they are currently carrying out and planning for the next month. With the works on the temporary retail area completed, and the rest of the site demolished, preparations are now fully under way for the commencement of the main construction works to begin during November.
Botley Community Fridge
Calling all Gardeners and Allotment Holders:
If your allotment / garden is giving you more food than you can eat, please consider bringing the excess to the Botley Community Fridge at Saint Peter & Saint Paul Church, 81 West Way, Botley, OX2 9LS. The fridge is unmanned – just put food in – and is open Mon-Sat 9-5, and Sun 11-5.
Help to reduce food waste and support your neighbours by putting food in the fridge and taking food from it.
Botley Bridges Family Support Service – this charitable company- has now been up and running for 18 months, and sessions and services are going strong with plenty of families from across Botley, Cumnor, North Hinksey and West Oxford benefitting from their activities.
The trustees and the steering group for Botley Bridges have worked really hard to get to this point, but to make this charity sustainable in the long term will require a lot of community support. In particular they are looking for the following help:
- Donations – the initial funding gained to set up the charity was only intended to fund the first two years of operation, so other fundraising is now beginning in earnest.
- Volunteers – willing helpers are needed for some sessions to help the staff run them. Can you spare a few hours a week to help?
- Trustees – there is an urgent need for additional Trustees, particularly people who might be willing to take on specific roles such as Treasurer or Secretary. The Trustee role is very much separated from the services, and would suit anyone with a penchant for organising. Individuals with specific skills (e.g. accountancy, fundraising and publicity etc.) are particularly being sought after.
For more details see the Botley Bridges website or contact Botley Bridges Chairman, Kim Randell via firstname.lastname@example.org
Tap Social – craft brewery
Tap Social Movement is a craft brewery based in Curtis Industrial Estate and open as a bar Friday and Saturday evenings. The premises houses the brewery, bottle shop and tap room and provides training and employment opportunities to people serving prison sentences. Find out more on their website www.tapsocialmovement.com.
Free Wifi in West Way shopping centre
Wifi provided by the Vale of White Horse District Council is now up and running in the West Way Shopping Centre. It can also be accessed in Seacourt Hall, which is very useful if you are booking or attending a meeting or event.
- Botley streets being used as ‘park and ride’ – Oxford Mail Wed 14 Nov
- Botley Bag Lady: Court hears how eccentric figure ‘wanted to be remembered’ – Oxford Mail Fri 2 Nov
- North Hinksey residents say green will be ‘destroyed’ by new tree – Oxford Mail Thu1 Nov
- Oxford Food Bank gets Royal recognition for volunteer work – Oxford Mail Wed 31 Oct
- Artist’s impression shows how new Premier Inn in Botley’s West Way could look – Oxford Mail Mon 29 Oct
- Albanian drugs boss jailed for country-wide cocaine racket – Oxford Mail Fri 19 Oct
- Government in ‘listening mode’ over £4bn expressway after visit to Botley following MP’s invitation – Oxford Mail Fri 19 Oct
- Oxford Seacourt road sign installed incorrectly, says council – Oxford Mail Wed 17 Oct
- Hindu festival draws hundreds to Botley – Oxford Mail Tue 18 Sept
More on our News Page