What’s new in the Botley & North Hinksey area?
Pair of black, padded gloves, child size. If they are yours, call 01865 862059 to arrange collection
Coming up soon (important dates for your diary):
- Thurs 17 February, Raleigh Park, BBOWT Adventure Day
See our Events Calendar for more details of local events
West Way redevelopment update:
Mace’s latest newsletter was produced in December and you can find it on their consultation website. The construction phase is now well under way and although the site was temporarily closed down over the Christmas break works have continued since 7th January.
Botley Community Fridge
Calling all Gardeners and Allotment Holders:
If your allotment / garden is giving you more food than you can eat, please consider bringing the excess to the Botley Community Fridge at Saint Peter & Saint Paul Church, 81 West Way, Botley, OX2 9LS. The fridge is unmanned – just put food in – and is open Mon-Sat 9-5, and Sun 11-5.
Help to reduce food waste and support your neighbours by putting food in the fridge and taking food from it.
Botley Bridges Family Support Service – this charitable company- has now been up and running for 18 months, and sessions and services are going strong with plenty of families from across Botley, Cumnor, North Hinksey and West Oxford benefitting from their activities.
The trustees and the steering group for Botley Bridges have worked really hard to get to this point, but to make this charity sustainable in the long term will require a lot of community support. In particular they are looking for the following help:
- Donations – the initial funding gained to set up the charity was only intended to fund the first two years of operation, so other fundraising is now beginning in earnest.
- Volunteers – willing helpers are needed for some sessions to help the staff run them. Can you spare a few hours a week to help?
- Trustees – there is an urgent need for additional Trustees, particularly people who might be willing to take on specific roles such as Treasurer or Secretary. The Trustee role is very much separated from the services, and would suit anyone with a penchant for organising. Individuals with specific skills (e.g. accountancy, fundraising and publicity etc.) are particularly being sought after.
For more details see the Botley Bridges website or contact Botley Bridges Chairman, Kim Randell via email@example.com
Tap Social – craft brewery
Tap Social Movement is a craft brewery based in Curtis Industrial Estate and open as a bar Friday and Saturday evenings. The premises houses the brewery, bottle shop and tap room and provides training and employment opportunities to people serving prison sentences. Find out more on their website www.tapsocialmovement.com.
Free Wifi in West Way shopping centre
Wifi provided by the Vale of White Horse District Council is now up and running in the West Way Shopping Centre. It can also be accessed in Seacourt Hall, which is very useful if you are booking or attending a meeting or event.
- Community fridge set-up class in Oxford – Oxford Mail Sun 20 Jan
- Police launch burglary and blackmail investigation following Cumnor break in – Oxford Mail Mon 14 Jan
- Oxford’s Tap Social invites diners to eat food in the nude – Oxford Mail Sat 12 Jan
- Residents in the dark on Seacourt future as Homebase finally closes – Oxford Mail Sat 29 Dec
- Ofsted rates Matthew Arnold School in Botley ‘good’ – Oxford Mail Fri 21 Dec
- Burglars take thousands of pounds from safe at Oxford brewery – Oxford Mail Tue 13 Dec
- Police dog unit investigates thefts from cars in Botley – Oxford Mail Tue 27 Nov
- Neighbours object to ‘excessive’ flat plans for derelict building in Botley – Oxford Mail Tue 27 Nov
- Botley residents share their memories of Bag Lady at service – Oxford Mail Mon 26 Nov
More on our News Page