What’s new in the Botley & North Hinksey area?
Coming up soon (important dates for your diary):
- Thursday 22 March 7.30pm in Seacourt Hall – Annual Parish Meeting
See our Events Calendar for more details of local events
West Way redevelopment update:
Mace have an update leaflet on their consultation website and copies can also be found in the Library and on local noticeboards. The leaflet outlines their phasing strategy including the temporary relocation of the Co-op, Tesco, Lloyds chemist, Seacourt Hall and the Baptist Church in the New Year, and the subsequent phasing for the main redevelopment. You can download a copy of the leaflet here.
Botley Community Fridge
A fridge into which anyone can put food, and from which anyone can take food
Church of St. Peter & St. Paul, 81 West Way, Botley OX2 9JY
The fridge is open Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm and Sundays 11am-5pm. Priority for people in need Saturday and Monday 9-10am.
Help to reduce food waste and support your neighbours by putting food in the fridge and taking food from it.
Botley Bridges Family Support Service – a charitable company- is now up and running. Charity status was awarded in March and sessions and services have now started. The trustees and the steering group for Botley Bridges have worked really hard to get to this point- a lot of forms have been filled in! Both North Hinksey Parish Council and Cumnor Parish Council have supported the venture with financial support and advice and the trustees are extremely grateful for this help. Read more in their April 2017 update.
Tap Social – craft brewery
Tap Social Movement is a craft brewery based in Curtis Industrial Estate and open as a bar Friday and Saturday evenings. The premises houses the brewery, bottle shop and tap room and provides training and employment opportunities to people serving prison sentences. Find out more on their website www.tapsocialmovement.com.
Organisation of the month
The Organisation of the Month for March is Botley & North Hinksey Over 60s Lunch Club:
Free Wifi in West Way shopping centre
Wifi provided by the Vale of White Horse District Council is now up and running in the West Way Shopping Centre. It can also be accessed in Seacourt Hall, which is very useful if you are booking or attending a meeting or event.
- Matthew Arnold School in Botley is on its way to ‘outstanding’ Ofsted – Oxford Mail Sat 3 Mar
- IT WAS ME: Botley vandal speaks out over graffiti campaign against council – Oxford Mail Thur 15 Feb
- Doubt over new Botley store as Marks & Spencer scraps opening of some food shops – Oxford Mail Wed 31 Jan
- West Way shopping centre finally sold for £12.4m – Oxford Mail Fri 26 Jan
- New pedestrian crossing proposed near Botley School – Oxford Mail Tue 23 Jan
- Minister to visit Botley over fears hundreds of homes could be bulldozed for expressway – Oxford Mail Sat 20 Jan
- Residents in North Hinksey warn Oxford councillors that lives are at risk from thoughtless parkers – Oxford Mail Thurs 18 Jan
- Diggers on site to begin Botley petrol station demolition to make way for Marks & Spencer – Oxford Mail Wed 17 Jan
- New West Way will have ‘angular aesthetic’ plans reveal – Oxford Mail Wed 18 Jan
- West Way shops graffitied again as frustration mounts over delays – Oxford Mail Mon 16 Jan
More on our News Page