To make it easier to find the news that you are interested in, we have divided the items into two categories. Since sections are quite long, each section can be shown or hidden by clicking on its title.
- West Way retail site redevelopment – The redevelopment started mid-2018 and will continue until 2021. The first shops are expected to open September 2020 (Coop, Tesco, Iceland, Lloyds & Chancellors). The latest Newsletter from Mace is here
- Louie Memorial Field Pavilion – The parish council is proposing to replace the existing Pavilion and Scout hut with a single, multi-purpose building. A planning application was submitted in March 2019 and everyone is encouraged to comment on it.
- Oxford Flood Alleviation Channel – The environment agency is proposing to make a wide, shallow channel from the Botley Road south to Redbridge to divert some flood water away from the east of the flood plain to the west of it. It involves removing thousands of trees and involves huge earthworks. There will be a public enquiry mid-2019
- Oxford councils ‘object’ to land grab for flood channel – Oxford Mail Fri14 Jun
- Oxford-Cambridge Expressway – A proposed new road from Oxford to Cambridge via Milton Keynes. Two possible routes for this affect Botley – either widening the A34 through Botley or using the A420 and then the A34 past Wytham. The No Expressway Alliance is opposed to the expressway at all and has support from the parish council and other local bodies.
Other Local News:
- Botley Medical Centre rated ‘requires improvement’ in CQC inspection – Oxford Mail Thur13 Jun
- Thieves steal three bikes from house on Cumnor Hill – Oxford Mail Mon13 May
- Attempted break-in at West Way site – two arrested – Oxford Mail Sat 11 May
- Food hygiene: Botley lunch club still going strong after four decades – Oxford Mail Fri 19 Apr
- B&Q will open first Oxford store at Seacourt Retail Park – Oxford Mail Tue 5 Mar
- Fighting to get Botley a proper skate park – Oxford Mail Sat 23 Feb
- Cigarettes and alcohol stolen in Botley shop raid – Oxford Mail Thur 7 Feb
- Community fridge set-up class in Oxford – Oxford Mail Sun 20 Jan
- Police launch burglary and blackmail investigation following Cumnor break in – Oxford Mail Mon 14 Jan
- Oxford’s Tap Social invites diners to eat food in the nude – Oxford Mail Sat 12 Jan