The Sprout publication
The Sprout is a strictly community project. It happens through the joint efforts of seven prime movers who deal with copy, layout, advertising and deliveries, backed by four directors and a four-person editorial team, and a score or more of willing pavement pounders who deliver it throughout the parish. It is financed entirely through local advertising, and has been recorded as a reason for moving to Botley!
The Spout is published ten times a year and delivered free to all households in the parish. If you’ve mislaid or recycled your copy already and want to read it again (or any back copies). don’t forget that Botley Library has spare copies.
You can read some past copies on line (note that most of the adverts have been removed so the contents’ page numbers are incorrect):
Extra photographs from recent editions
Here are a few additional photographs from major events in the past year that we couldn’t squeeze into the printed version of The Sprout. Click on the headers to reveal or hide them:
Hinksey Meadaow October 2016
Hedge Laying March 2015
|Even more photos can be seen on the Oxford Conservation Volunteers’ website|
Here are some selected articles and series from past issues that might be of interest to you.
Do you remember...
- Black Horse - Jun 2010 (1.22 Mb)
- Botley's Sporting Past - May 2012 (37.25 Kb)
- Botley's lost pubs - May 2010 (31.85 Kb)
- Carpenter's Arms - Jul 2010 (42.79 Kb)
- Growing up in Botley (pt 1) - Nov 2011 (933.51 Kb)
- Growing up in Botley (pt 2) - Dec 2011 (1.26 Mb)
- Library Campaign (1998) - Nov 2010 (37.56 Kb)
- Litter Blitz - Mar 2010 (61.65 Kb)
- School Songs - Dec 2010 (87.98 Kb)
- Seacourt Farm - Nov 2009 (341.72 Kb)
- Skate Bowl Campaign - Sept 2010 (825.24 Kb)
- The Fair Rosamund - Dec 2010 (674.20 Kb)
- The Fair Rosamund - Oct 2010 (30.98 Kb)
- The George - Oct 2011 (851.67 Kb)
- Westminster College - Dec 2009 (37.87 Kb)